Everyone wants to be a stunning bride, we’ve been there. If you are just recently engaged or are already in the process of planning your wedding, you have probably started thinking of ways to look and more importantly feel absolutely gorgeous on your wedding day.
One of the first thoughts that comes to a bride is that she wants to look extra thin and toned in her wedding dress, and the crash diet commences. That’s a dangerous one; nobody wants to see a gaunt version of their loved one walking down the aisle. Now imagine a strong, fit, and beautiful bride, now … THAT is a better image! Feeling great in your skin and healthy makes for an absolutely glowing bride.
Here are our 5 personal fitness tips to get in tip-top shape for one of the biggest days of your life!
1. Give yourself time. Meaning, don’t put off your workout plan until the last few weeks and expect to see a complete body transformation. DO NOT PROCRASTINATE!! Results that last take time, and with all the other wedding stress the LAST thing you need is to feel anxious over weight loss that won’t happen. Also, plan to pretty much write off the wedding week for workouts. You will have a million other things to do and working out will most likely take the backseat.
2. Know your goals. And find a plan that will successfully help you achieve these goals. Talking to a fitness professional and coming up with a plan together may be beneficial if you don’t have a lot of experience with building programs for yourself.
3. Stay consistent. With any fitness goal, consistency is key. Stick to your schedule and follow the plan, and the results will come.
4. Find a fitness plan that excites you. You are a bride getting ready to marry the love of your life, no one has time for workouts that you dread going to. There are sooo many different types of fitness workouts, find one that makes you happy!
5. Be Realistic. Know your body, your goals and understand what it will take to get there, but do not set goals that aren’t achievable in the time frame. This is probably the most important. The process of getting ready for your big day should be a journey to becoming healthy and fit. Enjoy it!
Every bride wants to look beautiful and take the groom’s breath away, but guess what, you already do. Use this process to feel healthy and confident, and know you will look amazing in your dress!
& as always, nutrition is KEY to the body you want.
Here are our 5 personal healthy tips to make it to your wedding day looking spectacular!
1. We all have room for improvement. So before your countdown for the big day has gotten to 2 weeks, and you start freaking out, plan ahead and start sooner than later.
2. It is not a cliche that eating multiple times a day is beneficial. You will lose weight. Your metabolism will work a lot faster and will require more energy to make it through the day. Of course, all these small meals have to be perfectly planned … keep reading!
3. Always go the natural way. There are lots of “quick” remedies out there to loose a bunch of pounds within a few weeks and sometimes within days. This can not only be extremely dangerous for the health, but you will likely put the weight back on and even add an extra few pounds as well.
4. Get rid of that bloating sensation and have a flat belly on your big day! During your road to becoming the best version of yourself for your big day, cut all refined grains such as pasta, white bread, white rice. Substitute it with quinoa, rye bread and oats. You will notice such a difference with the way you look and feel that we’re sure you’ll continue eating clean after all the wedding festivities are over.
5. Each one of us needs a personalized diet. For this reason we sincerely encourage you to have a consultation with a professional before starting any diet. However, this is how a general well-rounded diet should be looking on a given day. If it’s completely different than your own diet, you might want to reconsider it!
About Midst of it
At Midst of it, we have the perfect combination of nutrition and fitness experience. So if you have any comments, concerns, or doubts about your nutrition or fitness just write to us through the contact page HERE or through any of our social media. Diana, has a degree in Nutrition and Food Science and a Master’s degree from the UK in Global Health. Jodi, is our fitness junkie with a Diploma in Recreation & Leisure, she is an ISSA Group Fitness Instructor and has experience in teaching group fitness at all levels and is overall very passionate about fitness and health for women. We would love to help you look beautiful, healthy, and fit on your wedding day!