Hey beautiful people! I couldn’t wait to share this vegan recipe with all of you. I know it is summer, and of course, we want to be able to wear a bikini with pride, but if you are like me and have a sweet tooth, and have constant cravings for something sugary and awesome, this is for you! Not only is this recipe perfect because it takes nothing more than 10 minutes and a smile to make, but it has incredibly healthy and easy to source ingredients like dates, cashews, coconut, and lime.
I have been all over dates for the past while, not just because of their awesome health benefits (high in dietary fiber, full of vitamins and minerals, help to prevent weight gain), but they also taste amazingly sweet and delicious and are a great substitute for all the sugar that is used to sweeten our desserts!
You can store these magic balls in your freezer and consume them pre or post- workout. They will give you the energy you need for your workouts and satisfy your sweet cravings in a healthy way and I swear they taste like heaven! I like to pair it with Teavana’s white chocolate peppermint roobois tea – a combination hard to resist!
Trust me, you are welcome!
Who doesn’t fancy some Adele while cooking? ♥ Adele- Send my love (to your new lover)
Prep Time – 10 minutes | Total Time – 10 minutes
Serves: 20 | Yield: 20 balls | Category: Dessert __________________________________________________________________
- 3 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons of lime zest
- 3/4 cup dates
- In a blender or food processor add the dates and blend until they have broken down into small bits.
- Add the macadamia nuts, shredded coconut, lime zest and juice and salt and blend until a smooth batter like consistence is achieved.
- Once blended, scoop out tablespoon-sized amounts of the mixture and roll them into balls, you may need to wet your hands a little depending on the stickiness to make the rolling easier for you.
- Store the balls in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week or you can freeze them for up to 3 months.
- Tada! Done deal!
Source: Every Last Bite
Food photo shoot location: Tree house, Villa, Leslie Barnard