Hi, beautiful people! Almond milk is one of my favourite drinks, especially because of all its health benefits and how easy it is to make!
It is also a great alternative for people that are lactose intolerant. Almond milk can also be a good alternative for people who are trying to lose weight. Its nutritional content is as follows; For every 240ml it contains 35kcal, 1g of protein, 1g of carbs, and 1g of monounsaturated fat (The good kind). As you can see this beverage has a low caloric content and also has a delicious taste when mixed with more yummy stuff. Below are some suggestions on how to make it and various options that you can combine for that PERFECT smoothie.
There are many almond milk recipes out there, and even more prepared ones in the supermarket. But honestly, what else is better that doing it yourself, with fresh ingredients, and knowing that it has only your love and awesome cooking skills! (Ok, it actually doesn’t require you to be a chef, but no one has to know that, right?).
This is how I do it! The consistency is great. Give it a try and let me know how your almond milk came out!
♥ Chris Malinchak -If You Got It (Extended Mix)
How can you make your very own almond milk at home?
Prep Time – 10 minutes | Total Time – 10 minutes
Serves: 6 | Category: Drinks _________________________________________________________________________
- 1 cup of almonds
- 6 cups of water
- Soak 1 cup of almonds with 2 cups of water overnight.
- Pour all contents into a blender the next day, and add 4 more cups of water. Blend really well.
- Then pour through a strainer squeezing all the liquid out using a large wooden spoon.
- Bottle the strained almond milk and put it in the fridge.
How can you use your now delicious homemade almond milk?
- You can add 3/4 cup of almond milk, 3 to 4 dates, vanilla essence and cinnamon and you can place it in your Nutribullet or your favourite blender. It is so delicious and the perfect drink for a light breakfast when you wake up or mixed with your favourite protein after working out. Check out our blog posts Back to the Grind and Keep Moving Forward if you have decided to start your road to a healthy lifestyle and need some motivation for your workout!
- You can pour your delicious almond milk into your morning oats, and add cinnamon and raisins.
- You can add half a banana, berries, or cocoa, vanilla, and almond milk! Yum! YUM!
Being healthy tastes and feels GREAT!