Anyone else love getting into the holiday spirit with a few of their favourite Christmas movies?? Personally, I live for movie marathons and sloth style antics, there’s no better time of year to curl up with a few of the classics.
Top 10 Holiday Movie Recommendations
1. DieHard – is this or is this not a Christmas movie? The never-ending debate continues. My dad says yes, but he kinda looks like Bruce Willis so that’s biased.
2. Elf – just can’t stop laughing during this movie.
3. Home Alone – I know I’m not alone when saying I wanted to be this kid who outsmarts the burglars when his family forgets him on their Christmas vacation. Badass!
4. BAD SANTA – this movie is 100% always on the list, and drunk Santa is 100% always a yes. Hilarious.
5. Serendipity – such a romantic, feel good Christmas movie. My sister and I both love this movie! Do you believe in soul mates and fate?
6. Jingle All The Way – for all you dedicated Arnie fans out there #Arnieforpresident2020. “Hasta La Vista, baby!”
7. The Santa Clause (1994) – In this remake of the classic Tim Allen turns into Santa, great family-friendly movie! I prefer this version, but my boyfriend loves the original, 1985 Santa Clause – what do you think?
8. How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000) – Jim Carrey plays the perfect Grinch who turns sweet!
9. The Holiday – I love rom-coms and this one is high on the list, especially this time of year.
10. A Christmas Story (1983) – when he gets his tongue stuck to the pole, can’t say no to a triple dog dare! Also, every Canadian child has tried this at some point after seeing this movie.
To make movie night extra special whip up some easy but delish Christmassy Cocktails to get in the ultra festive spirit -‘Tis the Season!
5 Christmas Inspired Cocktails
1. Rum Eggnog – complete with nutmeg sprinkled on top. December 1st marks the start of the month of eggnog, it’s just not Christmas without this drink. I’ve already had a couple (dozen) this year. Make your own eggnog or buy it at the store, just don’t forget the nutmeg and rum!
Recipe: Joy the Baker
2. Spiked Coffee– topped with whipped cream and shaved chocolate. Anything whipped cream is life this time of year. Sub the coffee for hot chocolate if you aren’t a coffee drinker.
Recipe: Obsessive Cooking Disorder
3. Christmas Cosmos’s – Christmas twist on this classic cocktail, perfect for Christmas parties or drinks with the ladies!
Recipe: Good Housekeeping
4. Good Ole’ Canadian Caesar – you know, for the morning after all the festivities. Hair off the dog is the saying, right?
Recipe: Cookin’ Canuck
5. Mulled Wine – any sort of wine all the time, but mulled wine screams ‘Christmas.’
Recipe: Well Plated By Erin
5 Days until Christmas – countdown is on!