In honour of our 6 month ‘blog-versary’ and to celebrate the New Year, we decided to put together a list of random facts about the two of us so you guys can get to know us better!
13 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Us
Get to Know Jodi
1. As much as I love hiking and adventuring, I’m petrified of heights. I have nightmares about being up high and falling, it’s that bad.
2. I moved around A LOT as a child. I believe that’s part of the reason I now enjoy moving and travelling to so many new places and have no problem adapting.
3. I’m actually a terrible swimmer despite years of swimming lessons (even private). This does not hold me back from water sports though! I rock the doggie paddle hard, and make sure the people I’m with don’t let me drown.
4. I had reconstructive knee surgery when I was 22 and quit everything active for a couple years afterwards. Thankfully I’m back active as ever!
5. I love to read just about everything and much prefer to read a good book over socialising. When I have any free time, you can usually find me curled up with a book.
Get to Know Diana
6. I have a phobia for small critters, mice, rats, and just anything that can crawl on me. In multiple occasions, my friends have seen me on the occasional freak out for “no apparent reason at all” and have all thought at one point I have a mental health problem #bugs.
7.I hold a collection of over 100 nail polishes and always manage to find another colour that I don’t have. I should seriously think about opening a cute mani/pedi bar.
8. I hold a dessert making certificate. I specialise in making chocolate, cakes, and all kinds of pastries. Of course, I also specialise in eating them!
9. I am a klepto-giver. You will always find my loved ones get annoyed because I decide on random days to giveaway my most valuable belongings (without a single ounce of regret).
10. Since I was a kid, I have always wore fuzzy socks to sleep when I am cold and manage every single time to wake up with minus 1 sock.
3 Things We Have in Common
11. We both played basketball and loved it!
12. We would both like to live in Toronto one day for some period of time.
13. We are both constantly researching and planning holidays. We like to look into festivals, restaurants. activities, and popular travel destinations all the time.
The first 6 months of our blog has been an exciting adventure! 2016 has been a wonderful year for the both of us. Looking forward to what 2017 has to bring.