5 reasons why everyone should drop their life and move to a tropical island!!!!!
Okay, so I’m not actually saying that you should quit your job, sell your house, give away your children, and relocate to a tropical island, BUT island life is AMMMAAAAZZZINGGGG! If you ever had the opportunity to live on an island, do it.
St. Vincent and the Grenadines (current life location) is the second island I have had the pleasure of living on. The first island was a remote tropical island off the northern tip of Australia called Horn Island, population 500 people. That’s right, 500. Talk about getting in touch with your inner self, remote living was a great experience but it can definitely be challenging at times.
You know in movies and books when people go to a remote island and meet their soul mate? This happened, to me. I was travelling around Australia and happened to venture my little self up to Horn Island to explore the beautiful Torres Straits, met my boyfriend, and now we live on a much larger island in the Caribbean!
That Australian accent, game over.
Soooo where was I … oh right! Now that everyone has sold their entire life’s belongings and is ready to move to the tropics – 5 reasons why island life is amazing:
1. The Laidback Lifestyle: Island time is a thing. Life on the island has a more relaxed feel to it, especially compared to living in a fast-paced city.
2. The Scenery: palm trees, coconuts, crystal clear water, amazing sunsets…. Is this even real life?! The jaw-dropping scenery you see everyday is truly breathtaking.
3. The People: I have found the people are generally very friendly, welcoming, and love sharing/hearing stories. Islands have a mixture of locals and ex-pats, everyone has a different story here and respects that.
4. The Culture: Just like anywhere with a different culture, being open and respectful towards the local culture is a must. One of the best things about living in different countries is learning about their culture, oh how I love travelling!
5. It’s always 5’o clock somewhere: Living on an island with beautiful views, lovely people, how can you resist a sneaky rum to unwind and watch the sun go down? Cheers!
There are SOOOO many more reasons why island life is fantastic, but I will stick to those 5 for now.
Each day I take some time to myself to stop, erase all the thoughts out of my head, and appreciate how beautiful island life is and how lucky I am to be here. Focusing on the positives in life makes for such a better life, don’t you agree?!